Monday, May 31, 2010

eyes, tools, shield, leaf, barb

Here's the taxidermy eyes double click for a close up...The glare is bad go to Van Dike's taxidermy web site to check out all the eyes you could ever want
One of my very first metal projects, it has handles with leather on the back, the coat of arms is something my Grandfather brought back from europe, Authentic? I don't know but grampa likes it so that's good enough. Engraved and painted design.
These are tools that I made myself, obviously I have much more that I did not make, but handmade tools have a character all their own.


Barb hangs out near where the grinding goes on, I put a backing behind her so she can show off a little more, the breasts and crotch "v" are of antique barbed wire, thw rest is the usual stuff, her nipples are red treble hooks and her "peach fuzz" is this wire from some kind of electron cutting machine at the college. I love her!



Oak leaf I made while emloyed at JNL wrought Iron. They couldn't figure out what to do with this test piece so I got to keep it. laser cut leaf, the vein and depth of the form were hammered in by me.





1 comment:

  1. I like the "Burger" crest a lot. It's striking. The leaf is a beautiful masterpiece as well, even if it's just a test piece - it's raw and has character, but it's also very subtle and soft to the eye. I love leaf patterns. They amaze me.

    ReplyDelete